Data tech company Esoptra becomes Twintag and raises 1.2 million for further international growth
As we gain ground in the United States with our platform, the new name clearly defines our focus to the market, - states Alexander Carpentier, CEO. At home, the company tackles numerous data challenges in 5-day sprints. "For example, our smart QR codes or ‘twintags’ drive the data flow around Biogazelle's COVID saliva tests, or measure the length of queues at large retail chains."
Autumn 2020 brought an additional 1.2 million euros in funds from Participatie Maatschappij Vlaanderen (PMV) and existing shareholders to support international ambitions around their innovative concept Product-Led Communication. The latter links digital experiences - virtual twins - to physical products through a smart tag, often a QR code. Esoptra and its data platform ZAZA.rocks thus become Twintag from now on.
"Just before the COVID crisis hit, we came to a positive market analysis in the U.S., where the logistical scale challenges strongly favor Twintag. Industrial companies with a range of high-value products are today actively seeking contact with end users, across distribution channels. Gartner analysts, by the way, confirm the clear acceleration of this broad Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) trend because of COVID. Twintag has an innovative, approachable and lightning-fast course to offer there," Carpentier concludes.
"Twintag designed, developed and deployed with us the entire data flow around registration and results of our preventive COVID saliva tests on their scalable data platform, and this in a record time of five days" says Jo Vandesompele, Chief Scientific Officer and co-founder of Biogazelle. "For the intended broad application, their low-threshold approach was essential."
- Founded in 2017 by tech entrepreneurs Jan Van Riel and Paul Carpentier, between them at the source of 6 startups and 50+ patents in data storage and management.
- Turns products into powerful communication channels with customers. A twintag - often a QR code - connects a digital experience to a physical product. This "Product-Led Communication" closes the gap between physical products and the digital world.
- Made its mark during the COVID crisis with applications such as Savitas QR (anonymous contact tracing within organisations) and QRegister (attendance registration for the hospitality industry and cultural centres).
- Based in Herentals (Belgium), with teams in Bangalore (India) and Irvine (California, USA).
- Contact: email@example.com, +32493248992.